Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's only week two?

Echoing some of my colleagues’ statements on their blogs, this has been a whirlwind of a week. I’m moving on Saturday, and I have not packed a single box yet. I’m also taking another one week 3 credit class next week as well. This is not looking good for my sanity or my homework completion rate.

Back on track, I’m still struggling with integrating PBL into a Language Arts Classroom. Part of that is because so much of LA is reading from the cannon. Students today have a hard time connecting the events in literature to their lives. However, the PBL I looked at for analysis asked the big question of why we still read this literature. It could help students see that human kind really hasn’t changed that much. It’s what to do with that information that would make the learning even more authentic. So much of what I’ve read is not to solve a problem, but to relate it to their own lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment