Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week Three-Delving Deeper

I remember hating reflecting in Undergrad classes. Now it's my favorite part of the week. I'm not certain of what has changed, but it could be that I don't have to reflect on one specific aspect of class. There is freedom of what I want to think about more. This is something I'm keeping in mind for future consideration in my classroom.

It has always been a challenge for me to take an idea of a unit and then structure it in a specific plan. Conceptually, I really like my plan of exploring the impact of the digital footprint. However, I don't know that much about digital footprints. I'd probably be learning along with the students. Therefore, my lack of knowledge makes it challenging to fit my ideas it into the required unit plan parts.

I recommend to anyone who is looking for additional content area standards for their unit plan to look at the Language Arts Media Standards. It's often overlooked, but it might apply to your objectives.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on the reflection thoughts. I also like just being able to relay what is on my mind. Sometimes it is not very cerebral, but sometimes I surprise myself! I rather like my time with my blog on Sunday nights.

    Also, thank you for the suggestion for the standards. I found mine in two different places, but this might be more of what I need. I took a look at them and found them to be pretty much exactly what we will be doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'd probably be learning along with the students."

    That is terrific! One of the benefits of PBL is that teachers learn too. If you understand the general idea of having a digital footprint, filling in the details will work out fine.

    I'm glad to hear you like to blogging format.

    ReplyDelete