Saturday, August 7, 2010

As Tim Gunn would say, "Make it Work" for Week Four

This week I was at a SMART Board class/workshop through a CESA 2 EETT Grant. I basically forced my Digital Footprint PBL Unit to fit the requirements. When I presented my final SMART Notebook presentation to the class, other teachers asked me to share it with them. I think this is because a lot of teachers know it is important to teach about the digital footprint, but don’t know how to go about it. That’s how I felt when I first started designing this unit. I really appreciate how PBL can be just as much of a learning experience for the teacher as it is for the students.

There were a lot of interesting articles put out by the Pew Research Institute. I read a few, and found them packed with statistics. While I get overwhelmed by all of the numbers, it has been my experience that administrators thrive on them. If I have to give a presentation, I would defiantly go through some of their research because it was comprehensible and easy to use.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great opportunity at the SMART board workshop. Were you able to get ideas on units from the other teachers? OR were they able to give you some ideas on how to make your unit plan even more effective? Sounds like everything was a great success....congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seemed like the majority of the 8th grade teachers there were in the math department. I truly think that the SMART can be used the most effectively in math. Many of the lessons were basic concepts. I did get some ideas on how to use the matching flash applications. I don't know how Promethean board using applications, but I could share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy to hear that your unit has a wider audience. Congratulations! It is an excellent topic and I look forward to you sharing it with me.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete