Sunday, August 15, 2010

Week Five-Almost There

Probably one of the most frustrating things this week was trying to justify what LoTi level my unit plan attained. Throughout the course, we have been analyzing LoTi levels, so it shouldn’t have been difficult. I think part of my problem is that I’m so close, and it is hard to look at my unit plan objectively at this point. I need some more time and distance before I’m able to look at my unit plan without thinking if I have all of the requirements in place for class before thinking about how I could take it to a higher LoTi level. It’s so much more difficult to analyze your own work than that of a classmate.

On the positive side, I really appreciate how we were encouraged to work on our unit plan, and it was broken up into pieces. I had very little work to do on it this week because I had accomplished so much of it in the previous weeks. Overall, I think it was a positive experience. I hope that I have to opportunity to teach it and experience letting the students take control of their learning.

2 comments:

  1. Like you Emily, I had a hard time trying to figure out my LoTI level. I kept going back and forth, and finally gave it a level and hope that I'm in the ballpark.

    Dave has been a great help in this process. Like you said, it was all done in steps, and each step along the way made sense. It was broken down very well, and for the most part,not too difficult to understand. I think I will be able to do this type of planning if I am in my library when this is all finished. I think it will be a little tough at first, but the more we do it, the easier it should get.....right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your topic itself is incredibly authentic, but you probably won't recognize the authenticity and relevancy of the activities until you actually do the unit. Units like this will be modified each time they are implemented, and you will work towards higher levels of LoTi functioning as you move along. I believe the essential question drives all of this, and yours is definitely a good one. Well done.

    ReplyDelete